Thursday 23 February 2012

Unit of the Week: Necron Immortals


Hello everyone! First things first, I would like to apologise for the delay in this weeks post. Unfortunately I succumbed to an evil stomach virus which did its best to kill me... But luckily, I survived! And now I'm back to talk about something completely different.
This week I'm introducing my Unit of the Week initiative. Now, this won't be every week, it will just be a unit that has caught my eye on that particular week. So lets get started.

This week I had a game with my good friend Bryss (Who will be writing up the Bat Rep once he has time available, so I won't spoil anything) and the game was my necrons versus his orks. Now, early on in the game, my immortals got locked into combat and I basically thought, "OK, that's one unit dead..."
But they didn't die! In fact, they survived the combat for half of the game and then successfully ran away!!! All of this, and they only lost one model!!!!!

Now I understand this isn't the most amazing story in the history of gaming, however, that one combat made me so proud of my immortals (and grateful for my amazingly lucky dice rolls). Even out of their comfort zone, the immortals seem to be able  to handle themselves quite well. Of course, the mission and the unit I was fighting may have had something to do with it, but that's beside the point.

I'm 'Scape, and my unit of the week is Necron Immortals, for surviving a looooooong combat with orks!