Wednesday 15 February 2012

Top Ten: Most Annoying Enemies in Video Games!

http://steveonjava.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/javafx1.3-top-ten.jpg


Hello all! As You may remember, from my first post, I made a promise not to just talk about 40k but about other things as well. So here is the first of a new thing I'll be doing, top tens! Now, before I go any further, I will be using pics I find on the web in more of my posts now and, to avoid being told off by my English teacher, I will be sourcing all the pics with the links I found them in.
So, the first list I'm going to do will be on the most annoying enemies I have ever encountered in video games! The rules of this list are as follows:
  • They will only be from games I've played. This means that Jasper Batt Jr. is off from the start. Though he does look (and sound) like he would annoy me.
  • By enemy I mean they will be characters you have to fight, conflict with whatever. These characters can be your friends just trying to test you or that complete douche of a final boss. As long as you fight them in game, they are allowed to be on the list.
  • One per franchise. This one I will try my best to do and it is pretty self explanatory. No 2 enemies from god of war, or zelda or any other series of games.
  • SPOILERS! Some of the characters in this list are either final bosses or just REALLY important to the plot. You have been warned...
So without further ado, lets begin!

Number 10- Tiny Wario Boss (WarioWare: Smooth Moves)

Sorry folks, no pic for this one. This thing is at number 10 for a reason. 1- It "technically" isn't an enemy and 2- Its still annoying. This boss makes you dance like a complete numpty, and if you fail to follow the instructions it makes sure you know about it. How insulting...

Number 9- Dullahan (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
http://guide4gamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/GSDD_dullahan.jpg

Well, this guy technically appears in Dark Dawn as well, but this was the first time we found him and it was far tougher. So why was the Dullahan so annoying? To start with you needed to find EVERY djinni in the game, requiring you to do the transfer data trick. Then you had to charge through the most difficult and confusing dungeon in the game. And once you finally reach him, you are in for one of the toughest boss battles of your life. So why is he so high on the list? If you spam Daedalus and Eclipse, he will go down like a drunk on Saturday night. Plus you get a pretty decent reward for beating him.

Number 8- Joey Wheeler (Nightmare Troubadour)
  http://ravegrl.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/153_joey_wheeler_tough_guy_chin_face.jpg?w=550

Yep, everyone's favourite  American/ Japanese schoolboy! Now what is annoying about him is not the fact that his face in this photo I chose resembles a pervert. No, what is annoying about him is the fact that he uses a gamble deck. What really irks me is the fact that he never fails ANY of his coin tosses/dice rolls. Seriously; EVERY SINGLE TIME I play against him his time wizard bitch slaps my side of the field! His redeeming quality is that he doesn't act like a complete dick towards you.

Number 7- Lazarevic (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves)
http://images.wikia.com/uncharted/images/0/06/Lazarevic_render.jpg

This guy is just a pure nuisance. Throughout the game he sends millions of his own minions to do his dirty work (seriously, he even comments on this before he dies!), appearing only in cut-scenes, in which he usually kills one of your friends or at least threatens to kill them. Then, when you finally get a chance to kill him, he's made himself immortal!!! The actual boss fight isn't to bad on normal difficulty but it becomes damn near impossible on the hardest setting when he starts throwing 6 grenades at a time at you! On the upside, when you finally beat him he gets the living crap kicked out of him by some smurfs on steroids, so it all works out.

Number 6- The 3rd Krazoa Spirit (Starfox Adventures)
http://lparchive.org/Star-Fox-Adventures/Update%2003/34-31-TentacleKrazoa.jpg

Technically not a battle, but still really annoying. Now, I LOVE starfox adventures, I always enjoy myself when I play it and I get through it at a nice steady pace. That is until I reach, [breathes deeply], the test of fear. For those that have played this game, you'll know what I mean. You have to run the gauntlet in order to reach the spirit and then you have the test, which requires you to keep a red needle inside a green bar which moves randomly. The ONLY way to be able to pass this test is to have a naturally steady hand, which I lack.

Number 5- Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSCVUEY54gMFEOyE6gsSmWP4MN1JN99bCooV0nI-xZoGHfUT6lIp0PbScnvQ

Do I even have to explain? These little pricks are the reason why I have never completed super mario bros! They are one of the few enemies that can jump around but they can also attack you in mid-jump with a flying hammer! The real thing about them that annoys me is the fact that they work in groups! F**k you hammer bros!

Number 4- Serris (Metroid Fusion)
http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/c/c5/Serris.jpg

NO! JUST NO! If you want to find an enemy that is overpowered then look no further. I'm not joking! This boss caused me so much grief when fighting it. I only beat it through sheer luck! For those who have not played fusion, allow me to explain. The start of this fight consists of you getting onto some platforms above the pool of water. Then you hear a screech and before you know it, you've been rushed by a giant eel from one of several directions. The fight then consists of you trying to shoot this thing in the face, meaning you have to get in its way, whilst jumping out of the way because 1 second after it is hit, it's speed triples! What makes this boss so hard is that its attack patterns are just so random. And if you manage to kill the eel, you then have to kill the X-Parasite, without letting it kill you... yeah, it gets annoying.

Number 3- Mumkhar (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Mumca.png
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110421220261/xenoblade/images/thumb/1/18/Mumca.png/250px-Mumca.png

Meet the dickhead of the decade folks! Where, to start... First of all, he's a coward, happy enough to save his own ass even if it means his friends get killed. He betrays your species to get a giant mecha suit. He pretends to kill your best friend. He taunts you throughout the story about how strong he is. Oh, and he is actually a difficult boss to beat. All this combined with his nails-on-a-chalkboard voice, makes him one annoying little prick!!!

Number 2- Moldorm (Link to the Past)
http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/d/d3/Moldorm.png

My goodness this boss is annoying! Moldorm follows the basic rule for most zelda bosses, hit his weak spot 3 times to kill him, the weak spot being his tail. This is made difficult due to the fact that he never stops moving and gets faster each time you successfully hit his tail. To make matters worse, if his head even brushes you you go flying off the platform into the room below and have to start the entire battle over again. But the main reason why the thought of this boss annoys me so much? My link to the past game quite literally fried when fighting this boss. I was just about to strike his tail, the game froze and the cartridge has never worked since...
YOU MOTHER FU-

Number 1- Orphan (Final Fantasy 13)
Orphan true form.png
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100716154521/finalfantasy/images/thumb/e/e8/Orphan_true_form.png/743px-Orphan_true_form.png

Yup, the final boss of final fantasy 13. This guy pisses me off so much! The pic you see is of orphans "true" form. This is the easy form which doesn't make me want to rip my head off just so I have something to beat him with. The form that he takes when Barthandelus fuses with him is far more annoying. The start of the battle involves your entire party losing 95% of their health to a single blow. The battle then goes on to be one of the hardest battles in the game. But the thing that really annoys me? Orphan doesn't want to win. He wants you to kill him! So why? Why does he make it so F**KING DIFFICULT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So there you have it folks. My top ten annoying enemies in video games. Hope you enjoyed it and please, leave comments with your thoughts and views on characters you've faced that have annoyed the living daylights out of you. See you next week :D